Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My Day At The Beach!


Early moring by the pier. Tagkawayan, Quezon Province, 2007

Whenever I am about to shoot a bride, my thoughts: This is her day to the beach!

"To the beach!?!" I'd shout that in disbelief when I would be told we will be having a day in the beach back then when I was still a little girl.

The beach is the best place to be, I thought. Who doesn't think so? The trip alone is a treat! Mixed tapes on the car stereo player (mostly Lea Salonga tunes), trees lining the road is such a lovely sight to see (thanks to Joyce Kilmer for instilling in me a love for trees!), rice fields that stretch on forever (my generation had the most beautiful countryside views, thanks to housing developers, they become smaller every day now) and the ginormous mountain view up ahead. The best part is reaching the beach resort and setting my eyes for the first time on the big blue sea that seems to be telling me, "What are you waiting for? Swim right in and play!!" I could think of a million reasons to love the beach! The endless blue sea and sky, mounds of sand everywhere, shells and rocks, fish swimming with me, catching a starfish (at least that was what I imagined!) to mention a few. I was the happiest little person in the whole wide world!

As I grew up, when something I have been waiting for is about to happen or if I get the trip to this place that I have been dying for to see, I'd easily be reminded of the trip to the beach. I'd tell myself, "this is my day at the beach". LE
http://www.blogger.com/post-edit.g?blogID=214646507825631608&postID=1867559164225755798



Afternoon, watching the rainbow. Tagkawayan, 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment